Wilmington Little League Updates
Dear WLL Families,
Thank you all very much for your participation in our 2020 baseball and softball programs over the past
summer and fall. We set out in May to give our players an opportunity to play ball in some form, and do so in a safe, fun, and responsible way. Based on the participation and the feedback we’ve received from many of you, we feel it was a huge success. Again, the Board of Directors thanks you all for your
patience, understanding, and help through it all. Please read below for some important updates on our upcoming programs!
Tryouts for Junior Select (big diamond) Baseball will be held during the first few weeks of November. Registration is currently open, and will close prior to tryouts in November. Junior Select program is for 13 and 14 year old Middle School players – one team per town, players selected by tryout. Junior Select team plays in the MBDL, and will also participate in the District tournament for the Jr Division.
Tryouts for Majors (small diamond) Baseball were held last week, and teams will be formed and
announced in the coming weeks. We thank all those who registered and tried out!
Spring Baseball and Softball
Registration is now open for all baseball and softball spring programs!
We are operating under the assumption that baseball and softball will run in 2021. As of now, we plan
to offer our full list of spring baseball and softball programs. Registration is now open for the following
- Small diamond leagues, from Rookie to AAA
- 50/70 (transitional) league, for players who age out of small diamond and want a transition to the big diamond
- Big Diamond Leagues (Junior Select, Juniors, and Seniors) for players age 13 to age 16.
- 8U (players born in 2012 or younger) – developmental league with practices and games geared toward teaching the fundamentals of the game, and getting players engaged.
- 10U, 12U, 14U (players born from 2006 through 2011) – developmental league with practices and games, geared toward continued development of fundamentals and increasing levels of competition. This program includes play in the Merrimack Valley Girls Softball League (MVGSL)against surrounding towns such as Tewksbury, Billerica, North Reading, Bedford, and Concord-Carlisle.
We are hoping to offer winter workouts for both baseball and softball players once again this winter.
Due to the fact that any winter programs will be held indoors, the guidelines for such programs will
obviously be different than our programs held outdoors this fall and next spring. We will be working
hard over the next month to further define safe, fun, and valuable winter workout programs for our
players. Please keep an eye out for more information regarding winter workout clinics at
wilmingtonlittleleague.org and through our social media channels and future emails.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions at WLLprez@outlook.com
Thanks very much!